Comment
0
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

Salem apartment complex fire ruled accidental

Thursday - 2/20/2014, 1:20pm  ET

SALEM, Va. -- The Salem fire marshal says improperly discarded smoking materials caused a fire that damaged 20 apartments at a complex.

The fire marshal tells media outlets that the Feb. 14 fire at the Salem Commons complex has been ruled accidental.

The fire displaced more than 40 residents. Four fighters suffered minor injuries.


Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Tags: salem