It's the Christmas season and many homes across the Washington, D.C. area are adorned with twinkling lights and holiday decorations.
If you know where to look, these sometimes-elaborate festive displays can offer a fun, free holiday activity.
Real estate company Redfin has compiled a list of the best Washington area neighborhoods for holiday displays.
If you are a fan of lights, inflatables, statues or music, check out Redfin's top five neighborhoods to help you get into the holiday spirit:
1) Alexandria, Va.
- The Collingwood Lights display: 1601 Collingwood Road
- 2507 Fairview Drive
- 5601 Hereford Court
- 8433 Washington Ave
2) Fairfax, Va.
- 3308 Prosperity Avenue
- 3309 Prosperity Avenue
- 3522 Chain Bridge Road
- 9804 Kirktree Court
- 9806 Sharon Court
3) Sterling, Va.
- Candy Cane Lane: E. Juniper Street
4) Silver Spring, Md.
- The Bishop’s home: 1665 N. Portal Drive NW
- 15428 Baileys Ln.
- 12710 Laurie Drive
5) Springfield, Va.
- Frank Christmas: 7780 Tangier Drive
- Berner's home: 5406 Fremont Street
- 8515 Innisfree Drive
If you can't get enough of the holiday spirit, also check out these free holiday activities:
- Zoo Lights: 3001 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, D.C.
- Mormon Temple's Festival of Lights: 9900 Stoneybrook Drive, Kensington, Md.
Is your house decorated for the holidays? Tweet us pictures using #WBJHoliday.
© 2013 American City Business Journals, Inc.