NORFOLK, Va. (AP) -- A faulty heating unit is being blamed for the evacuation of a Norfolk hotel due to high levels of carbon monoxide.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue officials say firefighters were called to the Tazewell Hotel & Suites early Monday morning after receiving a call for a possible gas leak.
Firefighters found high levels of carbon monoxide in the hotel's basement and low levels of gas in an alley behind the building. Carbon monoxide also was detected in the lobby area.
No illnesses were reported and air was blown into the hotel to help dissipate the gas.
Officials say a bad heating unit was located in the basement.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Conn. zoo officials don't know how this baby got born.
What you probably shouldn't buy your kids on Amazon. (Photos)
How much did a painting of a topless "Golden Girl" fetch?
Would you give this guy your number? Most likely, says a new study.