WASHINGTON - VRE is offering overstock tickets for sale to its Santa Train event that was previously sold out.
The transportation agency said it withheld tickets in case PayPal oversold the event, which it says has happened in the past. Therefore, there are more tickets available for the event.
The train rides take place Dec. 8.
Kids and parents, riding on eleven trains with names like the Rudolph Express, will get to meet Santa and Mr. Claus. They'll also get candy canes and coloring books and be entertained by high school choral groups.
Extra tickets go on sale Tuesday, Dec. 4 at 9 a.m. for $6 each. Requests will only be received through email after 9 a.m. Those who are looking to attend the event should email their top three train choices to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- *Cupid Express Departing Burke at 10:30 a.m.
- Elf Express Departing Burke at 12 p.m.
- *Dancer Express Departing Manassas at 9 a.m.
- North Pole Express Departing Manassas at 1:30 p.m.
- *Prancer Express Departing Woodbridge at 10:30 a.m.
- *Dasher Express Departing Leeland Rd at 8:30 a.m.
- *Vixen Express Departing Leeland Rd at 10 a.m.
- *Blitzen Express Departing Leeland Rd at 2 p.m.
- Rudolph Express Departing Leeland Rd at 3:30 p.m.
Any ticket with an asterisk has a six ticket limit per purchase.
If the ticket-seeker does not receive a PayPal invoice after their request is sent, they did not get the tickets, VRE said in a news release.
Tickets can be picked up at 1500 King Street, Suite 202 Alexandria, Va., between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. They will not be mailed.
More than 3,600 tickets went on sale Nov. 26 on VRE's website and were sold out in four minutes. A few other locations that sell tickets were also sold out or nearly sold out that Monday. A little over 7,200 tickets were initially available to the public.
Ticket proceeds go to Operation Lifesaver, a non-profit that works to prevent accidents around train tracks.
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)