The Daily Meal’s annual Best Burgers in America list was expanded from the best 40 last year to the best 101 this year, and four Washington area burger joints make the list.
So does one in Baltimore.
The Daily Meal says it assembled a list of nearly 200 burgers from across the country, checked existing best-of lists and dug through online reviews. Chains that have expanded outside of their home cities, like Shake Shack and In-n-Out, were left off.
The list of burgers was split up by region and reviewed by “a panel of 50 noted writers, journalists, bloggers, and culinary authorities,” Daily Meal says.
Here are the burgers from around here that made the cut:
- No. 19: The Big Devil at Ray’s to the Third in Rosslyn
- No. 79: The All American at 2941 Restaurant in Falls Church
- No. 82: The Thunder Burger at Thunder Burger in Georgetown
- No. 84: The Bacon-Onion Blue Cheese Burger at Farmers Fishers Bankers in Washington Harbour
- No. 85: The Baltimore Burger at The Abbey Burger Bistro in Baltimore
You can see Daily Meal’s entire 101 Best Burgers in America list here.
© 2014 American City Business Journals, Inc.