WASHINGTON - Some of the best hotels and restaurants in Washington and in northern, central and western Virginia are being honored.
AAA Mid-Atlantic announced Thursday what establishments have received its Five Diamond and Four Diamond ratings.
In D.C., City Zen at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel received Five Diamonds in the restaurant category.
Five Diamond Hotels are: The Four Seasons Washington, D.C.; Ritz Carlton, Georgetown; and Ritz Carlton, Washington, D.C.
The AAA made the announcement at a luncheon at The Madison Hotel, Washington.
In Virginia, The Inn at Little Washington, which has been at this pinnacle for 25 consecutive years, was once again awarded Five Diamonds.
The auto club says the hotels and restaurants that earned the honor have consistently exceeded the expectations of AAA inspectors.
Here are the honorees:
Five Diamond Hotel and Restaurants In Washington Metro Area (6)
- City Zen, Washington, D.C.
- The Four Seasons, Washington, D.C.
- The Inn at Little Washington, Washington, Virginia.
- The Inn at Little Washington Dining Room, Washington, Virginia.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown,Washington, D.C.
- The Ritz-Carlton Washington, D.C.
Five Diamond Hotel in Richmond, Va.
- The Jefferson Hotel.
Four Diamond Restaurants in Maryland:
- Volt in Frederick (on list since 2010).
- St. Michaels in Sherwood Landing (2003).
- The Charleston in Baltimore (2003).
WTOP's Bob Madigan contributed to this report.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press & WTOP. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
An NFL player relieves himself of his feelings toward the IRS.
Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber are the key nominees.
Conn. zoo officials don't know how this baby came to be born.
How much did a painting of a topless "Golden Girl" fetch?