Veterans Day Closings
- Federal offices closed.
- Local government offices closed, except Alexandria.
- No mail delivery.
- Schools in Calvert, Charles, Prince George's and St. Mary's counties in Maryland closed. Others open.
- Schools in Alexandria, Arlington, Fauquier and Prince William counties closed.
- Libraries closed, except Anne Arundel County in Maryland and Alexandria in Virginia.
- Courts closed, except lockups and and arraignments.
- Smithsonian museums open.
Parking and Transportation
- In D.C., no meter fees, Sunday traffic regulations.
- In Maryland, no parking fees in Montgomery and Prince George's Counties, except at the New Carrollton garage. Parking fees in Howard and Anne Arundel counties.
- In Virginia, no meter fees; HOV restrictions lifted on I-395 and I-66. Holiday parking regulations in Alexandria and Arlington.
- Metrorail on a Saturday schedule. Metrobus is on a Saturday supplemental schedule.
- Cue is on a modified weekday schedule.
- MetroAccess is on a regular schedule.
- ART (Routes 41, 42, 51 and 87) are on a Saturday schedule. No other service
- Operating on a weekday schedule are The Bus, MTA Local Service, DASH.
- Ride On is on a modified holiday schedule.
- Fairfax Connector is on a holiday weekday schedule.
- OmniRide is on a modified holiday schedule.
- Loudoun Bus is on a modified holiday schedule.
- MTA Commuter Bus is running on ICC Bus 201 only.
- VRE is not in service.
- MARC is not in service.
- Trash pickups delayed a day in D.C.
- Regular trash pickups in Maryland.
- Regular trash collection. Pickup delayed a day in Fairfax City.
(Copyright 2011 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
Conn. zoo officials don't know how this baby came to be born.
How much did a painting of a topless "Golden Girl" fetch?
An NFL player relieves himself of his feelings toward the IRS.
Weinstein showcases Kelly, Mandela films at Cannes.