WASHINGTON - College Basketball returns to Federal News Radio this weekend as both American University and George Washington University open regular-season play. Also this weekend, the Wizards play back-to-back nights, while the Navy Midshipmen and Baltimore Ravens attempt to continue their winning ways.
- Friday, Nov. 9, 7:00 p.m. Wizards vs. Milwaukee (1500AM): The Wizards (0-3)
return to Verizon Center on Friday to face the Milwaukee Bucks (2-1) for the first
three meetings this season. Washington is still seeking its first win of the
season and will look to rebound from Wednesday's 100-94 overtime loss in Boston.
Pregame coverage with Dave Johnson and Glenn Consor begins at 6:45 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 9, 8:00 p.m. American @ Minnesota (1050AM and online): American
University Men's Basketball returns to Federal News Radio for the 2012-13 campaign
with a 10-game broadcast schedule. The AU Eagles (preseason No.3 in the Patriot
League) begin the season Friday against the Minnesota Golden Gophers in the first-
ever meeting between the schools. Dan Laing returns as the play-by-play voice of
AU Basketball and will work alongside analyst Jeremy Huber.
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 1:00 p.m. AU Jeff Jones Coaches Show (1500AM): American
University Head Coach Jeff Jones returns to the airwaves for another broadcast of
the Jeff Jones Coaches Show. Among Jones' guests in this year's first show is AU
alum David Aldridge (NBA on TNT). As always, Jones is joined by AU Athletics
Director Keith Gill and Eagles play-by-play voice Dan Laing.
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 3:30 p.m. Navy @ Troy (1050AM): The Midshipmen (6-3) visit
the Trojans (4-5) where they will aim for their first six-game winning streak
since the start of the 1979 season. Navy clinched a berth in the Kraft Fight
Hunger Bowl on Dec. 29 in San Francisco with a win last week against Florida
Atlantic. Pregame coverage begins at 1:30 p.m. on WFED 1500AM, with the game
airing on 1050AM.
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 4:00 p.m. George Washington vs. Youngstown State (1500AM):
George Washington Colonials begin their 99th season of Men's Basketball as they
open play at Smith Center in Foggy Bottom. Byron Kerr returns as the Colonials'
play-by-play voice. Pregame coverage begins at 3:45 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 7:00 p.m. Wizards @ Pacers: The Wizards seek their first
win of the season as they meet the Pacers for their first of four meetings this
season. The Pacers went into play Friday having lost two straight as they play
minus all-star Danny Granger (knee), who is expected to miss the next three
months. Pregame coverage begins with All-Access at 6:00 p.m. Guests include
Wizards forward Martell Webster.
- Sunday, Nov. 11, 1:00 p.m. Ravens vs. Raiders (1500AM): The Ravens (6-2) look to remain undefeated at M&T Stadium as they face Carson Palmer and the Raiders (3-5). Pregame coverage begins at 12:30 p.m. with Gerry Sandusky, Qadry Ismail and Stan White.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
Conn. zoo officials don't know how this baby came to be born.
Wounded vets say Segways help them see the world at eye level.
Scenes from last night's show and spectacle in Las Vegas.(Photos)
A Canadian singer struggles with the American anthem.