Amy Freedman, wtop.com
WASHINGTON - Temporary closures of the westbound lanes of the Dulles Access Road and Dulles Toll Road, as well as the Wiehle Ave entrance ramp to the toll road westbound, will take place from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 24 to 25. This project is for the installation of the third section of the new pedestrian bridge at the forthcoming Wiehle Reston Metrorail Station.
The approximate closure times are as follows:
- 8 p.m.: Dulles Toll Road westbound left lane will close just west
of Beulah Rd near mm 8.6
- 9 p.m.: Dulles Airport Access Road westbound will close between Reston
Parkway and Wiehle Ave
- 9:30 p.m.: Wiehle Ave entrance ramp to toll road westbound will close
- 10:30 p.m.: Three left lanes of the Dulles Toll Road westbound will
close with a full 10 minute closure when needed to allow the transport of new
pedestrian bridge to cross the toll road. Once transport has cleared, the far
right lane will reopen
- 5 a.m.: All road and ramps will reopen
Detour signage and barrels will be in place and police will be on site to direct traffic and insure safety.
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)