WASHINGTON - The Wilson Bridge Project will continue to cause midday headaches this week in Alexandria. Through Thursday, the ramp from the Inner Loop to southbound Telegraph Road will be closed between 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Donegal Lane closing, new overpass opening
In other Fairfax County news, the intersection of Donegal lane and the Fairfax County Parkway will be permanently closed, while a new overpass carrying Rolling Road over the Parkway will open.
- To implement that new configuration, there will be several lane closures on the Fairfax County Parkway near Rolling Road and Donegal Lane, starting at 9 a.m. April 10.
- While the work is ongoing, the Virginia Department of Transportation is warning of temporary total closures of the Fairfax County Parkway in both directions between 10 a.m. and noon.
- Stoppages will last between 5 and 15 minutes.
- After the new road configuration is in place, Donegal Lane will no longer have access to the Fairfax County Parkway.
- The Fairfax County Parkway will no longer have access to Donegal Lane as well.
- Temporary message boards will be in place for access to and from Donegal Lane.
Follow WTOPtraffic on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
An NFL player relieves himself of his feelings toward the IRS.
Conn. zoo officials don't know how this baby came to be born.
How much did a painting of a topless "Golden Girl" fetch?
To find their Mr. Darcy, one theater in Minn. has turned to a Mad Man.