Tim Bracken, wtop.com
Starting this Wednesday, Feb. 1, the Dupont Circle South entrance will be closed to replace all three escalators leading into and out of the station.
While the work is taking place, customers are advised to use:
- Dupont Circle Q Street entrance, located one block north of Dupont Circle
- Farragut North L Street entrance, located at the corner of L Street NW & Connecticut Avenue NW
While the work is ongoing:
- The north entrance of the station will remain open and elevators adjacent to north entrance will remain available. Or consider using Farragut North’s L Street entrance
- Escalator mechanics will be on call to quickly address any mechanical issues at the station’s north entrance
- Metro staff will be on-site at the station for customer assistance
Metro says that these escalators are the least reliable in their system, and the full replacement of the escalators will require the use of a crane and other heavy equipment, so safe public access won’t be possible while the work is ongoing.
The closure will be in place for at least eight months. Check out video posted by Metro here.
Follow WTOP Traffic on Twitter.
Clothes have a starring role at the Cannes Film Festival. (Photos)
"Jenny from the Block" wants you to buy Verizon phones from her.
Which big cat had some trouble coughing this up? (Photos)
Some cockroaches only take five years to evolve to avoid poison.